Skip to main content

Cheat code America and inverted hippies

I was playing a game for free but I’m pestered in many ways to pay extra to keep going, basically cheat. I’m playing a game for free, agree to the manipulation.

Capitalism is a cheat code. You have an advantage. I need to study cooperatives.

I play this game where you shoot a ball and the goal is to make it bounce around and get extra hits to the blocks that count down until they disappear. That's what capitalism is, you send money in and you hope it does more and comes back with more. 


I feel like some of the more fuddy duddy square community looked at the 60's and said, what can we protest? We don't care about human rights, inclusion or justice. We want our own do nothing autocratic republican in office, so we protest. It's like some weird inverted hippy movement. We experience the people we can't understand as lying, or just wrong, so we're going to lie lie lie. Bowling Green Massacre?  That's our feelings about liberals. Liberals don't listen to us and give us our way? So we make our way happen and trample on democracy. No democratic spirit. Sure, we'll impeach Biden when we win the midterms. We didn't think Trump's impeachment was fair, so we're going to impeach unfair. It's all political, there is no objective reality. This is my experience of Republican rationalizations. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manet and Degas

  Brilliant video explaining the exhibit. Go to the Met and see the exhibit! It's really quite special.  In the last gallery the painting this sketch is based off of, of the execution of a Mexican president. The painting has been cut into sections, and the surviving Degas has reassembled them. NY Times review

Silo

This is a dark show that I'm reluctant to watch. Slow burn with reveals along the way. Lots of padding and important small details you have to pay attention to, which sometimes I don't because I'm looking at my phone. The TV competes with the phone. Either I'm playing chess, or another game, or surfing for news about my favorite soccer team NYCFC. They're supposed to sign some new players and can register them tomorrow, but the team usually doesn't do things in a timely way, they're messy.  The first few episodes of the 10 episode first season are about the sherif and his wife, played by Rashid Jones .  Then there's like a buffer action episode where the generator almost goes kaput. Then it becomes Longmire, a woman sheriff who doesn't know the protocols and rules, and doesn't care, she just wants truth and answers.  Everyone lives in the Silo, it's huge and mysterious and you can't have relics, things from the past, that might clue you i...

Introduction

Robert B. Palmer's introduction to his translation of Walter F. Otto's Dionysus: Myth and Cult (p. ix-xi) Gods of Hellas, gods of Hellas, Can ye listen in your silence? Can your mystic voices tell us Where ye hide? In floating islands,  With a wind that evermore Keeps you out of sight of shore?                                     Pan, Pan is dead. ELIZABETH BARRETT BROWNING The Dead Pan W H E N Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote these lines which sound so pessimistic and so limited to any lover of the beauty and truth of Greek mythology, she had in mind a famous passage out of Plutarch's De Oraculorum defectu {Mor. 419 A-E) in which it was reported on good authority that Pan had died. But let Plutarch tell the story (Philip is speaking):  As for death among such beings [i.e., deities], I have heard the words of a man who was not a fool nor an impostor. The father of...