Skip to main content

Mandilorian


I liked the first season of Mandalorian and then I liked the first episode of the second season. When I see Amy Sedaris I hear Princess Caroline from Bojack Horseman. 

I'm watching the latest episodes. Like the rollout of The Boys, and now The Expanse, the episodes need catching up on once in a while.

Season 2 Episode 3 is the guy from Breaking Bad, telling Bosch (Titus Welliver) what to do, and Kara Trace has red hair and takes off her helmet, a non helmet strict Mandalorian. 

The aliens are getting better, following Fascape, and Star Trek Discovery. They have a fish guy, an ant guy and a frog person. 

I was 10 in 1977 when Star Wars came out. I'll have a weird desire to see all their stuff. Just like Star Trek seems to be spawning multiple shows, Star Wars is spawning lots of movies and shows. It's almost too much, but during the Great Quarantine of 2020 we need entertainment. 

I feel like they watched every Samurai movie and then noted new things to try for Mandalorian. The Jedi are Zen Samurai, and the Sith are without ethics, Machiavels. Instead of the bang bang of shot 'em out Westerns, they're pew pew pew space cowboys.

Gina Carano is allegedly a Trumpy nut, a transphobe, and an anti-masker. I still find her thickness attractive somehow.

I can't help but think of Carl Weathers in Arrested Development.

Rosario Dawson fired a trans helper at the family compound, but I don't think she's anti-trans. 

Wagner was anti-semitic, and Hemingway was a shit to his family and the people who helped him up. Humans have clay feet. Not excuses, but also I'd like to see the list of unacceptable things and see if I even agree with it.

I have spoken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manet and Degas

  Brilliant video explaining the exhibit. Go to the Met and see the exhibit! It's really quite special.  In the last gallery the painting this sketch is based off of, of the execution of a Mexican president. The painting has been cut into sections, and the surviving Degas has reassembled them. NY Times review

Silo

This is a dark show that I'm reluctant to watch. Slow burn with reveals along the way. Lots of padding and important small details you have to pay attention to, which sometimes I don't because I'm looking at my phone. The TV competes with the phone. Either I'm playing chess, or another game, or surfing for news about my favorite soccer team NYCFC. They're supposed to sign some new players and can register them tomorrow, but the team usually doesn't do things in a timely way, they're messy.  The first few episodes of the 10 episode first season are about the sherif and his wife, played by Rashid Jones .  Then there's like a buffer action episode where the generator almost goes kaput. Then it becomes Longmire, a woman sheriff who doesn't know the protocols and rules, and doesn't care, she just wants truth and answers.  Everyone lives in the Silo, it's huge and mysterious and you can't have relics, things from the past, that might clue you i...

Introduction

Robert B. Palmer's introduction to his translation of Walter F. Otto's Dionysus: Myth and Cult (p. ix-xi) Gods of Hellas, gods of Hellas, Can ye listen in your silence? Can your mystic voices tell us Where ye hide? In floating islands,  With a wind that evermore Keeps you out of sight of shore?                                     Pan, Pan is dead. ELIZABETH BARRETT BROWNING The Dead Pan W H E N Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote these lines which sound so pessimistic and so limited to any lover of the beauty and truth of Greek mythology, she had in mind a famous passage out of Plutarch's De Oraculorum defectu {Mor. 419 A-E) in which it was reported on good authority that Pan had died. But let Plutarch tell the story (Philip is speaking):  As for death among such beings [i.e., deities], I have heard the words of a man who was not a fool nor an impostor. The father of...