Skip to main content

Unification blog purpose



Motley means "an incongruous mixture". I was given a Buddhist name by my partner: Kamuka.

Love Shakespeare, I'm reading through is plays, read 30 of the 38, and I've read 8 secondary books, and several retellings of the plays in modern novels. I watched a lot of free plays. Here is my blog: Shakespeare Chronologically.  I have 1,719 page views, 141 posts. It is here that I collect all my experiences in my journey reading all the plays and poems of Shakespeare. I even entertained the authorship question for the month, but now I'm just arguing for more empathy for it on Reddit.

I've tried to make a literary blog that didn't go too far. Only 14 views for 3 posts at Fiction Book Club. But I got 84 views on Thoughts On Fiction. I've even tried to be a culture critic. I took a class on mythology that reawakened my love of ancient Greece and Rome. I wanted to travel to Ireland and read some Irish literature.

The Dharma, the Buddha and the Sangha are my refuge. I have 162,750 page views and about a thousand a month for my 1280 pots on Going For Refuge. I do book reviews, goto the opera, and blog about anything Buddhisty. This is my most popular blog and in the 15 years of it, I've earned $10 from Amazon.

I even started an opera novice blog with 2,338 views of 19 posts). I've wanted to do a jazz or music blog at times, but that never got off the ground. I love jazz, 80's music, Bob Dylan, folk, and all kinds of music. I've listened to a lot of hispanic music during my second marriage, and also got into the blues.

Food is so important, and becoming an imperfect vegan is really important. I am heavily influenced by Under The Influence of Food, so I created Under The Influence of Cori. I have also created a blog to include the photography of her beauty and the flowers I've sent her via photographs. And my daughter. My original blog was William's Wonder Years with 14,797 total views. I added in his brother so that it was William and Andres' Wonder Years. Aw, we went apple picking in 2015.

I love sports. I wanted to develop my sports writing. So I created New York City Sports Musing with 13,262 page views.

In the past I was a psychotherapist, so I created Mental Health Blog with 14,650 page views and 234 pots.

I love hiking, so I created Hiking In Nature. I love my cats. Oh, Oscar. I brewed my own home brew.

My pop gave me a computer and it had a lot of photos on it, so I created I like Rich's Photographs.

And then there were lesser blogs, that tried to express gratitude or formulating experience, or writing stories, or remembering the past, deep thoughts. There are more. My least read blog is perhaps my politics blog.

When I came across the definition of motley, I decided that would be my unification blog name. Welcome to hopefully my last blog.

This blog will comment on Buddhism, literature, culture, food, nature, mental health, sports or any other quirk coming out of my mind that somehow I feel, "I must blog that."

I know that people make fun of Blogs. On How I Met Your Mother, Swarley says, "I think you guys don't read my blog." On Corner Gas, they get Hank to blog so that they don't have to listen to his crackpot theories. They will just say they read his blog. There are other references along a similar vein.

What are my favorite blogs? I've never read any of these blogs in the New York Magazine. The top blog today is Business Insider, then Wired. I googled the most enriching blogs and they seemed pyramid schemes about blogging to make money. I did once get someone to blog on my blog, several times I got people to post on my blog. I don't do book reviews on Amazon or Goodreads because I want to own my own thoughts, instead of giving them away. I was hoping to run across the blog I liked that I wanted to model this blog off, but I couldn't find it. It was basically a blog that quoted and discussed things a woman was reading and it could be anything.

Maybe this won't be an incongruent mixture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Character list of Inherent Vice the novel

Fay "Shasta" Hepworth played by Katherine Waterston in the 2014 movie Larry "Doc" Sportello: Our hero, gumsandal.  Shasta Fay Hepworth: Former beautiful love interest. Mickey Wolfmann: Real estate tycoon, Shasta's sugar daddy, paying for apartment in Hancock Park. Mrs. Sloane Wolfmann: wife. Has her own side piece Mr. Riggs Warbling Deputy DA Penny Kimball: lawyer from district attorney office, who fooled around with Doc for a time. Works next to Rhus Frothingham (female book, male in movie).  Aunt Reet: Aunt in real estate. "Bigfoot" Christian Bjornsen: Hollywood detective and actor. Married to Chastity. Spoiler: His partner Vincent Indelicato is wacked by Adrian Prussia, but Puck did the actual job. Mrs. Chastity Bjornsen: Gets on the phone on page 260 of the paperback to defend Bigfoot's day off from work. Calls Doc Mr. Moral Turpitude, accuses him of running up Bigfoot's mental health bills.  Denis: friend who he goes and gets a pizza with

Democracy or democrazy?

Admittedly the choice between corrupt democrats and corrupt republicans isn't the political choice I want. I'd rather vote my way towards fairness, elimination of poverty, anti-trust laws that fight the consolidation of corporations (you read about grocery stores lately?), education, infrastructure. What you do get is a vote for democrats that vote to end rail strikes ( source ) because they can't carve out of the profits a sick leave, versus reality denying, Russian bought, obstructionists who might lower taxes, and want smaller government. The Ron Swanson's of the world who hate government and work in government. I've been running into people who believe the corrupt choices aren't worth even making. Reasons not to pay attention.I've thought that a few times in my life, but I don't think that now.  There are real choices about health care for women, and even just an attitude towards democracy. It's hard to fight past the rhetoric, and understand eve

Consent

You couldn't have a better title to a memoir in these times. You can read about Humbert Humbert, and other male narratives, but the female narrative of the statutory rape is fulfilled by this book. I feel slightly ill while reading this book. What she goes through is off, and it's hard to put a finger on it besides  Hebephilia . All the collaborating details from her mother, to her doctors, to her father. Vanessa Springora will be remembered for other things, she is a director and a publisher. I'm not sure if  Gabriel Matzneff will be remembered for other things. At least not on this side of the pond. I do have a kind of jealousy for the appreciation of the intellectual life in France.  Matzneff cites Lewis Carroll , and others as having the appreciation for youth. I read his Wikipedia page. That led to other questions about photographers who take pictures of their children. That led me down a creepy path. As much as Springora tries to not make it sexy, I wonder how many